SAJE is always looking for bright, hardworking, and passionate team players to come on board!
Director of Organizing
The Director of Organizing will be responsible for directing our organizing staff, collaborating with our policy staff, managing key areas of healthy housing and tenant rights work, and staffing coalitions. The Director of Organizing will oversee an ongoing process of organizational development within the organizing team and its program areas. The Organizing Director will report to the Executive Director.
- Supervise, coach, and manage the SAJE organizing staff; develop work plans for each organizer
- Manage leadership and member meetings and training’s
- Systematically track organizing activities and results and prepare reports
- Ensure implementation of SAJE personnel policies and staff evaluations
- Direct campaigns in key work areas including coalition management, actions, and turnout
- Maintain overarching knowledge of all SAJE campaigns and contribute to strategic campaign development; help coordinate policy and program development, organizing activities, community leadership development, and advocacy work. Connect strategic planning to an organizing approach and vision.
- Coordinate with administrative staff at SAJE on both external and internal management issues
- Other duties, as needed
- Significant experience with grassroots community or labor organizing and leadership development
- Significant supervisory and work plan development experience
- Commitment to economic justice and the mission of SAJE
- Able to manage large databases and do data based reporting
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Experience managing campaigns and coordinating coalitions
- Extensive experience with campaign organizing and leadership development around issues of social justice; Los Angeles based experience preferred
- Significant experience living or working in low income communities of color
- Bilingual in a second language (e.g. Spanish)
- Database design skills
- Development experience
- Human resources experience
- Experience with the following issues: transit oriented development, healthy homes, political economy and home financing, home maintenance and inspection, building code enforcement, community benefit agreements, tenant legal rights, equitable development, urban planning, public health, job training and development, affordable housing, displacement prevention
Full medical and dental benefits are provided to SAJE employees and their children. Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
Email a resume and cover letter detailing why you are qualified for this position to email@example.com.