If this site is useful to you, we hope you’ll consider a donation to support our work to make local government accessible and accountable via LA Accountability Fund on ActBlue.
- If you live in the City of Los Angeles, you can use this city website to find all of your elected officials at local, state and federal level: http://neighborhoodinfo.lacity.org
- For people who live outside the L.A. City, you can use http://myreps.datamade.us/
- For your representatives at the state level, check out http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
LA County Board of Supervisors
Click the images above for access to more information and detailed district maps.
The 13 members of the Metro Board oversee the the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. These members include LA City Mayor Eric Garcetti, LA City Councilmembers Mike Bonin and Paul Krekorian, all five LA County Supervisors (Solis, Ridley-Thomas, Kuehl, Hahn, Barger), representatives from the other 87 cities in LA County such as James Butts of Inglewood, Robert Garcia of Long Beach, and several other appointees of the Mayor, Governor, and regions.
You can find more info on the members and how to contact them at https://boardagendas.metro.net/board-members/
From the agency’s website: “Metro is unique among the nation’s transportation agencies. We serve as transportation planner and coordinator, designer, builder and operator for one of the country’s largest, most populous counties. More than 9.6 million people – nearly one-third of California’s residents – live, work, and play within our 1,433-square-mile service area.”
The City of Los Angeles is the second largest municipality in the country, with approximately 4 million residents. There are 87 other cities in the County of Los Angeles, such as Santa Monica, Beverly Hill, Culver City, West Hollywood, Lancaster, Monterey Park, Torrance, Compton, Long Beach, Pico Rivera, Whittier, Monrovia, and many more.
LA City is governed by a Mayor and a 15 person City Council, who are elected from geographic districts depicted in the map below. The City also elects a City Attorney and a Controller.
- District 1 — Gilbert Cedillo
- District 2 — Paul Krekorian
- District 3 — Bob Blumenfield
- District 4 — David E. Ryu
- District 5 — Paul Koretz
- District 6 — Nury Martinez
- District 7 — Monica Rodriguez
- District 8 — Marqueece Harris-Dawson
- District 9 — Curren D. Price, Jr.
- District 10 — Herb J. Wesson, Jr.
- District 11 — Mike Bonin
- District 12 — John Lee
- District 13 — Mitch O’Farrell
- District 14 — Jose Huizar
- District 15 — Joe Buscaino
Mayor: Eric Garcetti
City Attorney: Mike Feuer
Controller: Ron Galperin
You can find more information and ways to contact your elected officials in the City of LA at https://www.lacity.org/your-government/elected-officials/city-council/council-directory