Temporary Part-Time Virtual Canvasser, Emergency Eviction Protection Program
SAJE has multiple temporary, part-time positions open for virtual canvassers to join the Stay Housed LA Program. Stay Housed LA is a collaboration between the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs (DCBA), ten legal service providers, and nine community-based organizations to provide eviction-prevention education and legal services to low-income tenants in LA County. This is part of a Los Angeles County-funded Emergency Eviction Prevention Program. The goal of the program is to keep people in their homes and prevent unlawful evictions during the COVID-19 crisis by connecting Los Angeles County Residents to services.
- Work approximately 20 hours a week (majority is phone/text banking) Wednesday through Friday between the hours of
approximately 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Conduct direct phone and text-banking outreach. This outreach is informational only; this position is a service provider that connects tenants to agencies and organizations so that they can self-advocate
- Conduct case follow-up and case management
- Support some workshop facilitation (1hr monthly)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people
- Ability to work remotely
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to learn and work successfully with new software applications
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
This is a part-time, temporary position. Pay is $20 per hour. This job does not include benefits.
Send resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.